Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The countdown is on

4 days until I have to go back to work and Lilliana starts day care, 2 days until my mom gets back to Charlotte from packing up the house in Michigan, 16 days until my parents move in to their new house here in Charlotte, and 37 days until we go to Michigan for Labor day weekend.

I can not believe it has already been almost 8 weeks since Lilliana was born. Time has flown by so fast. I never thought I would want to be a stay at home mom, but now I would give anything to be able to stay home with her and not go back to work on Monday. There are certainly days(like today) that are quite rough and taxing but in the end they are so worth it! I love every moment with her, even when she is screaming crying because she hates being in her car seat : ) lol



Darvy has been staying with us this week while my parents are in Michigan packing up their house for the move. He has a cross country camp for his new school that we have been taking him to everyday. It has been nice having him here and spending some quality time with him but I have learned that I am no where near ready to have a teenager in my house! lol Thank goodness we have some time before Lilliana is that age : )
It is so weird to think that right now my parents are packing up our house in Michigan. They owned that house for 22 years! I am really glad that I am not there with them, I would be a complete basket case trying to leave the house that I grew up in, was married at, and absolutely love!

As hard as it is to think about that no longer being our house, I am so excited that my family will be leaving just 15 minutes from us here in Charlotte. We can hardly wait to start spending our Sundays at my parents house(along with many other days I am sure!)

Lilliana is growing like a weed and becoming more and more active and alert everyday. She smiles all the time and loves to laugh and giggle with mommy.

She is getting so strong. She can hold her head up for a few seconds at a time, when I stand her up she presses down on her feet and hold her head pretty straight, she squirms all over her bed, and has quite the grip! Her hair is getting so long.
I bought some bows for her the other day and and now she has one in her hair all the time, they are adorable!


She absolutely loves spending time in her swing watching the mobile. She just stares at it with such content and lets out the occasional giggle, so precious!!

I spent yesterday cleaning out her closet and re-organizing it. Sadly, I had to put away all of her newborn clothing and she is now in 0-3 and 3 month clothing! It was so sad to put away her newborn clothing, partly because she has grown way too fast and partly because I know it will be a few years before I have a newborn again : (

I also got my hair cut yesterday! I have been growing my hair out for a long time and didn't really cut it at all during the pregnancy. I love having long hair but it is just not conducive to the 'new mom lifestyle'. I now understand why most moms have short hair : ) I am actually really glad I cut it though, it looks so good!


I joined wight watchers 2 1/2 weeks ago to get rid of all of the extra weight I gained while I was pregnant. I let myself go way too much during the pregnancy and I am desperate to get my old body back! I have already lost 4 1/2 pounds since I started! I also bought a JIllian Michaels work out dvd that I hope to start using soon(free time is a hard thing to come by these days!) So hopefully the weight will be off soon and I can start feeling like myself again!

No comments:

Post a Comment