Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Beach Bums






This past week has been pretty good. Lilliana and I settled back in to our normal routine at home after we got back from the beach. On Saturday my Aunt Jeanne(dads sister) and Uncle John came to visit us. We had a really nice, relaxing evening with them and ordered in sushi(yum). My aunt bought me a coach diaper bag, which I am in love with!! And also a Coach key chain/picture holder, and Coach purse mirror..all matching the diaper bag.

Lilliana's Aunt Rachael(my best friend) sent her a bean bag chair with her name on it. She looks so cute on it!

And my dad's old boss, Dave Brandon, sent her a University of Michigan cheer leading outfit, teddy bear, pom pom, and shoes. (He is the athletic director at U of M).


She has been very fussy during the day but we are getting through it. I am definitely learning patience. But then again it is very easy to be patient with such a beautiful daughter!



Every day I fall more and more in love with her sweet face.
I can't believe she is 3 1/2 weeks old already. Although being pregnant seems like a distant memory, it is still hard to believe that she is 3 weeks old already. Time is going by way too fast!
Lilliana weighs over 9 pounds now and I am sure has grown a little taller as well. We go back to the pediatrician in 2 weeks so we will find out then how tall she is.

She is becoming more and more alert everyday and I love it! She has the most gorgeous big eyes, and I love staring in to them and just wondering what she is thinking : ) She is very observant of her surroundings. As much as I am wishing time would slow down and she would stop growing :) I am loving that she is becoming more alert and growing out of the newborn faze.

She recognizes me and my voice and I absolutely love that. It is such a great feeling to know that when she is upset and nothing seems to make her happy, that sometimes just being held by her mommy is all she needs! Being a mom is truly amazing!!!

Today Lilly and I made the drive to the beach. What would normally be a 4 hour drive took us almost 6 hours, lol. We had to stop for an hour and a half to eat, burp, cry, change a diaper, cry some more, and oh ya cry some more! haha. But we made it. It is so good to be here but we miss Nick VERY much already. He is coming down on Friday after work and will stay through Monday.


I am so excited for all of my family to get here in the next two days and to spend time with them. 4th of July has become one of my favorite holidays because it means family and good times at the beach.
We will be taking lots of pictures of Lilliana's first 4th of July on Topsail Island. She has some very cute outfits for the day, yes there is more than one, lol.

My sister in law Lauren, who took the pictures of me when I was pregnant has offered to take some pictures of Lilliana so hopefully we can get those done while I am here. I'm staying for 11 days, so I am sure we can find some time to do it.

I hope everyone has a safe and fun 4th of July.

God Bless America!

No comments:

Post a Comment