Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, June 14, 2010

One week old






Our little Lilliana turned one week old on sdaturday! I can hardly beleive it has already been a week. Before I know it, I am going to be going back to work. So I am soaking up every minute with our beautiful girl.
This past week at home has been eventful to say the least. We have had our share of ups and downs, but it is all worth it when I look in to her eyes.


Kelly(my cousin in law and Lilliana's godmother) and her friend Vickie came to visit on friday. We just spent the night relaxing and staring at Lilliana.


They left on Saturday afternoon and Nick and I spent the rest fo the day relaxing. That was our first time being alone as a family at home without any visitors. After we all took an afternoon nap we took our first family trip to Target. It was a very quick trip, but it was very successful!





Sunday was our one year wedding anniversary!!! Nick spent the whole day taking care of me, not letting me lift a finger. He made breakfast, lunch, and dinner, cleaned the apartment, and let me take a very long shower and have some quiet time away from the baby. It was a perfect day. Especially since we spent it as a new family of 3!!




I can't believe it has been a year already.
We have come so far since our wedding, and our relationship has grown so much stronger. I didn't think it was possible, but I love him so much more now than on our wedding day. This past year has been absolutely amazing and brought so many changes(all good). I am eagerly looking forward to many many more years with my wonderful husband!!


Today is my first day all alone with Lilliana since Nick is back at work. I was very nervous all day yesterday thinking about it, knwoing I have absolutely no help and no one close by to come over if I need them. I know I will be able to handle it, but it is still a little nerve wrecking. Last night was kind of rough, neither Lilliana or I got much sleep, but thankfully she is sound asleep right now in her swing. So on that note, I am going to wrap this up and go take a nap myself.

1 comment:

  1. Claire
    I am so happy for you and Nick, not only on your amazing marriage together but also for your precious daughter Lillian. I can't wait to see you all, especially little Lilly! Miss you.
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete